Reports, Performance, Policies and Values
On this page you can find out more about our aims and values, our policies and what Ofsted thought of our school.
Aims and Values
Our school provides a stimulating and caring environment in which children can succeed. We establish secure and sensitive relationships so that children enjoy school, feel confident, have high self-esteem and are well motivated. We encourage high standards of behaviour and mutual respect. Our children learn to become tolerant, to share and to develop the values of justice, fairness and kindness.
We are committed to close liaison with parents. Our teachers and parents work in partnership supporting and guiding a child’s learning and independence.
All children have the right to a broad and balanced curriculum. Through a wide range of experiences and activities we aim to:
- Develop children’s self-esteem, confidence and independence in a secure and stimulating environment.
- Develop enquiring minds, with the ability to question, debate and think rationally and independently.
- Enable children to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Enable children to use mathematics confidently and competently.
- Develop children’s physical abilities and skills.
- Promote children’s respect for spiritual, cultural and moral values, appreciation of religion and ways of life different from their own.
- Help children to understand the world in which we live and the ways we can work together.
- Help children to appreciate their own unique role and value to the school.
- Develop awareness that school can be enjoyable and stimulating place.
- Develop children’s ability to observe closely, be creative and develop aesthetic appreciation.
‘This is a good school with outstanding strengths’
'All groups of pupils achieve well’
‘Spiritual, moral and cultural development is good which is reflected in pupils excellent behaviour, politeness and good manners’ ‘The quality of teaching is good’‘Excellent relationships between adults and pupils’
Special Educational Needs
The local offer outlines all services available to support disabled children and children with SEN and their families. It sets out what is normally available in school to help children with SEN as well as the options available to support families who need additional help to care for their child.
- Pupil premium strategy statement
- Pupil Premium Statement 2015-2016
- Pupil Premium Statement 2014-2015
- Pupil Premium Statement 2013-2014
- Pupil Premium Statement 2012-2013